Unmasking coming fall 2017!
What Is Our Next Life?
Our Next Life is currently a chronicle of our journey to retire at the end of 2017, when we’ll be 41 and 38. But it’s a whole lot more than that. Contrary to what reality TV stars might say, we are here to make friends. And that’s where you come in. We hope you’ll join our community of planners and dreamers, all of us working to save up for early retirement, get out of debt or just forge a path in life that’s different from the norm.
This is a place where no one will judge you for not being a perfect frugal master — in fact, we used to be the worst spenders of them all. Instead, this is a place where we can all seek out balance together, finding the best way to plan for the awesomely kick-ass future of our dreams while wringing every drop out of today.
Where we can talk about the finance side of early retirement, but not only that. We go deep into the feelings, too, encouraging each other to think differently and go beyond even the early retirement conventional wisdom.
And we’re always happy to lend an ear and cheer you on, wherever you are in the early retirement journey.
Who Are Mr. and Ms. ONL?
We’re a married couple, currently 40 and 37, who are this close to retiring early before the end of the year. We believe you don’t have to be a financial pro to be smart about your money, or even to do something audacious like quit working for life while still young. And we certainly don’t believe you have to give up everything fun or live like a monk to do it either!
Some random facts about us:
- We’ve been married for nine years
- We’ve been saving for early retirement in a laser-focused way for about five years so far, which will be a total of six years when we pull the plug
- No kids, just dogs
- We’re obsessed with all things outdoors. A few years back, we moved from the great big city to a small mountain town in the Intermountain West that gives us unlimited access to the outdoors — for free! — making it a lot easier to save for early retirement faster!
- We love photography. All photos you see on the blog are taken by us, unless clearly noted.
- We both telecommute to high-stress east coast jobs that we’ve had a long time, and which we can’t risk losing without hurting our retirement plans (hence the temporary anonymity)
- We could eat tacos or any other Mexican food every day, and never get sick of it
- We dream of extended travel after we quit, and plan to buy a micro RV to fuel our adventures. We’ll be the ones parked at the base of the ski resort, raring for first chair!
- Ms. ONL is the voice of the blog and on Twitter
For a rundown on how we’re saving and how we’ll support ourselves after we quit our jobs, check out Our Early Retirement Plan. And for a sampling of our favorite posts and more on our backstory, check out Start Here.
Get In Touch!
- Email us at MsONL [at] ournextlife dot com.
- Follow us on Twitter at @our_nextlife.
- Follow us on Instagram at @our_nextlife.
- Follow us on Facebook at ournextlife.
- Follow us on Pinterest at our_nextlife.
- Follow us on Bloglovin.
Thanks for reading. We can’t wait to get to know you!
Everything on this blog is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining professional financial advice. Please consult a licensed financial or legal professional for advice on your own situation.
All photos are original unless clearly noted. All rights reserved.
Linking encouraged, but posting photos and/or content allowed only by permission.
Copyright 2017 Our Next Life. All rights reserved.
Want to find out who we are TWO WEEKS before we share it here?! Sign up!
Subscribe to get our bimonthly newsletter with tons of top secret info we'll never share here on the blog. Plus get the big reveal two whole weeks early!